½ cup uncooked short grain brown rice
1 cup water
2 Tblsp shoyu
½ lb firm tofu
½ cup ground almond
½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
Sea salt to taste
1-2 Tblsp sesame oil
1 cup safflower oil (it is less likely to burn)
1) Wash, rinse and soak the rice.
2) Place prepared rice and water in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover and lower heat cooking for 35-45 minutes until rice is very soft.
3) Place shoyu and ½ the tofu in a blender and then add about ¾ of the cooked rice. Blend into a thick paste.
4) Place remaining tofu in a large bowl. Add the blended mixture to the bowl along with the bread crumbs and almond meal. Mix well, then add the remaining rice and sea salt to taste.
5) Make small balls with your hands or flatter batter and use cookie cutters for special shapes.
6) Pan fry balls in the sesame oil for 15 minutes or pan bake them at 350 for 30 minutes.