Boo-Ya Black Bean Burgers! They are simply delightful with a bit of secret sauce on top oh my.
So simple to make here is my recipe but you can make adjustments to taste.
1 ½ cup organic black turtle beans – washed and soaked overnight
1 cup cooked organic millet and corn – see millet post for directions
¼ cup organic whole wheat pastry flour
1 organic sweet onion finely chopped
2 large organic carrots finely chopped
2 stalks organic celery finely chopped
½ cup finely chopped fresh organic parsley
Organic Olive oil
- Cook beans with 2inch piece of soaked kombu in just enough water to cover for approximately 45 minutes or until soft. Check the beans as they cook and add water if needed to prevent sticking on bottom of pot.
- Cook millet and corn as directed (see previous post)
- Chop carrots, celery and onions and sauté in 1 tblsp. olive oil until soft.
- Mash cooked beans with potato masher until about half the beans are mashed. I like to leave some beans for texture and appearance.
- Add the millet, vegetables and mix well.
- Sprinkle the pastry flour over mixture and blend in thoroughly.
- Form bean paste into patties and cook on medium heat in enough olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Turn burgers after approximately 5 minutes (or when brown but not burned).
I use my spatula to continuously shape the bean paste into patties. The millet and flour are nice binding agents and add flavor. Keep patties warm in oven until all are cooked. Top with pumpkin seed sauce or tofu cream…yummy!